Left Friday noon for Lafayette after a last minute email from Ross requesting Nana duty. Nana duty this weekend specifically involved playing chase around the ballpark with 3 yr old Braxton for the duration of 7 yr old Peyton's baseball tournament game, which they won, and playing lifeguard for 5 boys the following day while Ross, Jaime, and her Mom (Honey Bear) unpacked/moved from Marlene's to the new house. No one was able to exactly figure out where the extra kids came from on moving day, but there it is. We had a great weekend and Marlene graciously offered her guest bedroom for Saturday night after hearing Ross' best offer of, "Mom, we can take the tent off of the top bunk in the baby's room and you can sleep there; the boys (all 5) will be in Peyton's room (across the hall)". As I said, I greatly appreciated Marlene's offer of sleeping in peace at her house.
During the course of the past week or ten days I have been exploring the possibility of remaining in Port Arthur for the upcoming school year and have concluded, after prayer and consulting with the Tribal Council members in my life, that I will pursue this option. Furthermore, I will meet with the Director here to determine whether I will remain as an assistant in place or look for an apartment after camp next month. The Resident Manager is hoping for the former :) There is much work to be done here and I feel that I have talents and abilities that will enhance the efficiency of this ministry and the fullness of my already blessed existence.
No comments:
Post a Comment