Sorry, didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted. Since my decision to remain here the school year, I've been running around like a chicken trying to get the paperwork taken care of to provide gainful employment. I'm still holding out for a Librarian position and have not sought anything in the classroom yet.
Our work the past two weeks has been to go church to church distributing flyers and bulletin inserts for the re-opening of a Christian Crisis Hotline in the SE Texas area. In addition there is a Golf Tournament scheduled for late October as a fundraiser for this facility and another one that temporarily houses homeless families with children for up to 6 months while they get back on their feet. Last night we met with several pastors from the area we had been surveying to develop next step strategies for following up on the survey results. It was determined that we will have a community meeting on July 19 at a neighborhood park in an effort to create small groups with specifica areas of interest and have the residents assume responsibility of taking the next steps; with guidance of course.
I had originially planned to go to Sea Rim State Park which is only 22 miles from here and located on the Gulf coast, but Wednesday was horrendously hot so opted to put that off until the temperatures are more tolerable.
I've been away from the inn for two weekends so am enjoying meeting new families this weekend, new stories, more to write about :)
Have an awesome weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment