Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Phase 2 June 26

Today marks the beginning of a second phase of my summer endeavor. On the one hand, Tomas and I have completed the initial plot of surveying and he has compiled an impressive summary in true engineer data presentation fashion. I was delighted, especially so since I didn't have to be the one to do it, merely suggest that it might be nice :)

On the other hand, after much thought, prayer, and struggle and concluded that the next course of action regarding next school year would be to also apply locally as there are already too numerous to count projects that require attention to just walk off from.  I told Mary that if she really wanted help next year she'd best get praying about this job thing, to which she replied, "I already have." So, we'll see where this all leads.

Dion shared some details about camp, which is rapidly approaching: 30 males/30 females, all juvenile offenders referred by their probation officers. We take them to a State Park type of environment for two days each boys/girls. It is part introduction to outdoors, part spiritual development/guidance, and lol, I think part endurance test for the staff as I understand the temperature last year was 113 degrees and there are quite a few outdoor activities daily, i.e., swimming, boating, rope course!!!! this surveying has been for good purpose in training for camp.
I was chagrined to find that I had only lost one pound after all the tromping in the heat I've done, but guess some of that can be attributed to muscle gain (lol, sounds good anyway) and at least one pound down is better than none and still headed in the right direction.

I had a lovely weekend in Lafayette with a quick run over to Baton Rouge to have breakfast with Kealy and Jim.

Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment