Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6/27 Declaration of Insanity

This is what I look like knocking on people's doors in 100+ degree heat, now seriously, would YOU open your door? The sun block shirt has long sleeves and is actually quite cool considering its 15% elastic. I cut a slit part way up one seam to allow for anatomical curvy parts and more importantly rapid escape if the thing got too hot; so far that hasn't been necessary :)

We are on a totally different part of the same streets, perhaps a mile or two separate from our earlier canvas area. This neighborhood is almost totally African American, however, again, they have just opened the door and answered our questions in many cases.  I'm enjoying the visits and marvel at how much information people are willing to share and appreciate greatly the ones who invite us inside to cool off while we chat.

If the heat were not enough, I stubbed my toe over the weekend and can't put a shoe on it so wore flip flops as the crowning accessory to this already questionable get up. Thank the good Lord tonight is Bible Study and we don't survey on Wednesdays. Tomorrow we are to begin delivering flyers to roughly 1000 churches in the area over the next couple of weeks.

I'll be heading back to Lafayette next Tuesday and will spend the night and 4th of July with Ross and Jaime and the boys before they head out on the 6th for Florida. 


No comments:

Post a Comment