Omg! Living Social just sent me an offer for a discount to the Texas Renaissance Festival, I bought two; one for Peyton's birthday present and the other for myself. TRF is where I first became hooked on these things. I may just disappear for two months and hide out as a kettle corn seller, in my dreams.
On a saner note, three librarian positions were posted yesterday and I will be hand delivering those applications first thing this morning; exciting in a YIKES! kind of way.
Last night was the official finale of the Wednesday night Luau Bible Study but we will resume July 11 with a different format. After the lesson the kids all went outside to slip and slide. There was an awesome mister, as in an item that dispenses mist, not a scantily clad dancer ;) I told Tomas we needed one of those when we were walking, I also decided might be a valid investment for camp based on the stories I've heard.
So, all in all, things are progressing well. I was shocked yesterday morning when I went to downtown Port Arthur, it looks like a modern day ghost town of rusted, abandoned building with blown out windows and boarded entrances; block after block. I asked Mary if it were leftover hurricane damage from Rita and Ike to which she replied, "It was like that before." Amazing. I've been through a lot of towns around the country for a lot of years and I've never seen anything like it. I shall be exploring that further over time. There's also a lovely "French Quarter-Mississippi-River-levee" looking park edging Sabine Lake that I'd like to get a better look at, when the heat is less intense for sure.
Salud!
No comments:
Post a Comment